Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Personal Response - The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe

This poem The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe reminds me of when me and my parents and brother went to the grave yard so my dad could visit my grandpa's grave, it seemed as if he was still grieving although its been so long since he died. The look on his face seemed as if he was living the memories from when his dad was still alive, everytime he looked at that tomb stone. Such as how The character in the poem was still in greif over his lost Lenore and how he will see her 'never more.' The speaker starts slowly losing his sanity when he starts asking question that become more personal and more painful and are always answer by 'never more.' Such as how when one loses loved ones, they always ask why? or how are they ? And they just bring on pain and a deeper feeling of loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment